Partner's Page - Hiking Guide
Hi everyone! This is a hidden page which is for those of you who want to help me get the word out about my new book. As we move towards launch day, I'd love to get your assistance in creating a bit of excitement so that this book can be as successful as possible. The main way you can help is by sharing about the book on social networks or by leaving an online review. I technically can't tell you where to leave an online review, because of new policies by the major online retailer, but you know where to look. Even though my book currently says "unavailable" it still allows reviews. The guide will become available on launch day. Also, Goodreads is another good site for leaving book reviews.
Here are some questions to help you write a review or recommendation:
- What did you personally most appreciate about the book?
- What surprised you?
- What did you learn that you didn't know?
- How practically do you think it would help someone?
- Why should they buy this book rather than one of the competitors? What sets it apart?
Below I've included a bunch of information as well as photos for the hiking guide. You can feel free to copy and share any of this information from now through to the end of May. Again, the most helpful thing you can do is to share your own thoughts and impressions. THANK YOU!!!!
Hiking RMNP: The Essential Guide - Key Facts
• Commissioned by the Rocky Mountain Conservancy
• Written by a local photographer who’s spent the last 15 years exploring every corner of this park
• 512 pages packed with helpful information
• Nearly 100 pages of education, orientation and safety information
• Over 150 beautiful color photos covering every hike
• 80 custom-made topographical maps
• Covering 75 of the most amazing hikes in RMNP
• All the hikes are listed in order from easiest to hardest making it easy to identify hikes in your difficulty range
• Hikes are categorized into Accessible, Easy, Moderate and Strenuous
• Each section is color-coded for easy reference
• You'll find a useful list of hikes by type: wildflower hikes, summit hikes, wildlife hikes, etc.
• Get behind-the scenes-information about search and rescue, the challenges of maintaining the trails, and in-depth answers to common questions.
• Learn about what to pack, what to wear and what to expect
• There are clear directions to every trailhead
• Enjoy well-marked waypoints with mileage and elevation both listed and marked on corresponding map.
• Elevation profile graphs give you a clear visual perspective of the hike
• Each hike lists information about when to go including both the season and time of day
• The author walks you through each hike as if he was guiding you himself
• Every hike lists potential wildlife you may see
• The mileage of every hike was painstakingly calculated ensuring the greatest accuracy of any hiking guide to date
• The maps were all created using the very latest information
• A detailed index makes it easy to find what you are looking for
• There are quick statistics at the back of the book for every hike and destination covered
• A companion website provides further information and explains in more depth the methodology used in this book
• High quality 150gsm gloss art paper was used to give top notch printing
• The binding is sewn for durability
• The corners are rounded to help prevent damage when carried in a pack
• The book was produced using paper from renewable sources and printed with environmentally friendly inks. It has the Forest Stewardship Council's seal of approval
8.5" x 5.5" x 1.25"
Rocky Trail Press
P.O. Box 2843
Estes Park, CO 80517