Books: Whispers In The Wilderness
Many of us spend a great deal of our time dreaming about our next trip to the mountains, whether for a weekend getaway or our yearly vacation. We hear within that deep inexplicable pull toward the wilderness and would agree with John Muir, who said: "The mountains are calling and I must go." We sense that in the wild we are touching the edge of something that is both wonderful and mysterious.
In this new hardcover book, author and photographer Erik Stensland reflects on his own experience of wilderness and how it seems to call all of us towards healing and wholeness. Through short articles paired with stunning imagery he uses nature to help us connect with our inner self.
Whispers in the Wilderness invites us to explore this longing we have for the wilderness. The author suggests that this longing is itself the trail head for a journey to wholeness. On each page he encourages us to go deeper within ourselves and discover the healing that nature is offering.
This is a beautifully bound hardcover book featuring many of Erik Stensland's most stunning photos of Rocky Mountain National Park. It is 6.5" x 8.5" with 176 pages printed in the highest quality. ISBN: 978-0-99969626-6-7
In the video below you can listen to Erik read a page from his book, titled "Restoration Area".
We have taken extra steps to ensure that this book is as environmentally friendly as possible. The paper all comes from renewable forests and is then printed using soy based inks.
We offer wholesale pricing for stores. Please call us at: 970-586-4352 for more information or to place a wholesale order.
Comments on the Book
- "Wow wow wow! You have completely succeeded in inspiring and calming me!! Your book really speaks to me." - Sarah (MN)
- "I feel like I am out hiking with you!" - Julie, (Aurora, CO)
- "I’m so thrilled to get this gorgeous, thoughtful book. I can’t rave about it enough! " - Brian Zahnd (MO)
- "Erik's writing in this book has already helped me through some tough things." - John (Estes Park, CO)
- "People, buy this book! It'll be good for your soul." - Janna (Omaha, NE)
- "It's so beautiful I feel like I should wear white gloves as I turn the pages. It's beautiful and meaningful." - Michelle Chase (Estes Park, CO)
We currently do not offer shipping outside the United States. Once we release the book on Amazon.com, at some point in December, you can then order from them as they are able to offer more affordable international shipping options. Thanks for your understanding.
AVAILABLE BEGINNING DECEMBER 1st.